Excess Line Broker License (Individual)



Insurance Department State
A person that wishes to procure policies from insurers not licensed in New York State needs this license.

Fees must be paid to the State. The fees differ based on the person's residency.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Financial Services
Licensing Bureau
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Phone: (518) 474-6630
Website: http://www.dfs.ny.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.