Department of Buildings Violations Information



Buildings, Department of City
Building owners can correct many ECB violations by filing AEU-2 Certificate of Correction forms or AEU-6 Multiple Submission forms (for multiple DOB issued Environmental Control Board violations), along with any required documentation.

For information about Environmental Control Board (ECB) and Building violations, and related corrective and administrative processes, see the Violations Issued by the Department of Buildings link, below.

Building owners who have received one or more ECB Notices of Violation can review the instructions for these forms at the link, below.

Please note that Environmental Control Board adjudication may still be required, and that Notices of Violation may be disputed. For more information about the Environmental Control Board, see the Environmental Control Board Clearance link, below.
Next: Operating & Renewing

See Agency Contacts by Borough and Unit for the DOB office serving your area

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.