Collateral Loan Broker's Registration Statement

Did you mean: Pawnbroker License


State Comptroller, New York State Office of State
Collateral loan brokers, also known as pawn shops, must register with the New York State Comptroller.

Collateral loan brokers must follow the State Abandoned Property Law. In New York City, they must also get a license from the Department of Consumer Affairs. For more information, visit the Pawnbroker License page.

For more information, contact:

Office of the New York State Comptroller
Office of Unclaimed Funds
110 State Street - 13th Floor
Albany, NY 12236
Phone: 800-221-9311

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.