Clinical Laboratory Technologist Professional License



Education, Department of State
Technologists in clinical laboratories need licenses from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

This license allows holders to perform tests on blood and body fluids in New York State.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.