Clinical Laboratory Technician Professional License



Education, Department of State
People who wish to work as a clinical laboratory technician must have a license to work in New York State. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

Clinical laboratory technicians must work under the supervision of a licensed technologist, supervisor, or director.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.