Cigarette and Tobacco Product Sales as a Retail Dealer Registration



Taxation and Finance, Department of State
Businesses selling cigarettes must register with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (DTF).

The registration allows for over-the-counter retail sales at one location. Each location must register separately. Businesses must register every year.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Taxation and Finance
Cigarette/ Tobacco Products Registration
P.O Box 15175
Phone: (518) 485-7652

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.