Limited Liability Company (Foreign), Certificate of Authority



State, Department of State
An out-of-state Limited Liability Company can register for a Certificate of Authority in New York State. Companies register with the New York State Department of State (NYSDOS).

Businesses should consult with an attorney to learn more about legal structures. Businesses will need to provide proof of registration in their home state or country.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of State
Division of Corporations
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Avenue, 6th Floor
Albany, NY 12231
Phone: (518) 473-2492
Fax: (518) 474-1418
Deaf, hearing impaired, and speech-disabled callers, please call 711.


NYS Department of State
123 William Street, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10038-3804
Phone: (518) 473-2492

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.