Caterer's Alcohol Permit



Liquor Authority State
Businesses that cater events at unlicensed locations need a Caterer's Alcohol Permit to serve alcoholic beverages. This permit is for a specific event. It is issued by the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA).

Food must be served at the catered event.

For more information, contact:

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
163 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (518) 474-3114

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.