Campground or Travel Trailer Park, Permit to Operate



Health, Department of State
Most businesses operating a campground or travel trailer park in New York State need a permit. This permit is issued by the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH).

If the facility is in New York City, contact the Department of Buildings and Department of City Planning instead.

For more information, contact:

NYC Department of Buildings (DOB)
Licensing Division
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Phone: (212) 393-2259

NYC Department of City Planning
Zoning Information Desk
22 Reade Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10007

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.