Commercial Driver License - Bus Driver Part 19-A Application



Motor Vehicles, Department of State
A person who has a Commercial Driver License (CDL) must apply for an Article 19-A Bus Drivers License to drive a bus. This rule does not apply to school bus drivers.

For this license, you will need a New York State Commercial Driver License. Click the following link for more information about the Commercial Driver License.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
Bus Driver Unit
6 Empire State Plaza, Room 136B
Albany, NY 12228
Phone: (518) 473-9455

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.