Budget Planner's License



Banking Department State
In New York State, budget planners need a license from the NYS Department of Financial Services (DFS).

Budget planners make contracts with clients to assist with debt repayment.

Businesses or individuals must register as a not-for-profit corporation to receive this license. Attorneys licensed in New York State do not need this license.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Financial Services (DFS)
Licensed Financial Services
One State Street
New York, NY 10004-1417
Phone: (212) 709-5507
Website: http://www.dfs.ny.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.