Audiologist Professional License



Education, Department of State
Audiologists need licenses from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE). Speech-language pathologists are licensed by NYSDOE too.

Audiologists are licensed for treating hearing problems. Speech-language pathologists are licensed for treating speech problems. A new limited license for beginning pathologists will be issued soon. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.