Air Pollution Control - Title V Facility Permit



Environmental Conservation, Department of State
Businesses that emit pollutants into the air need permits from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Facilities that emit at high levels must get a Title V Permit.

Businesses defined as major air pollution sources by New York State Law must have a Title V Permit. Consult the DEC website for more information.

Businesses that emit less than 50% of the "major source" thresholds per year should file for the Air Facility Registration. Businesses that emit 50% or more of the "major source" thresholds, but less than the "major source" thresholds, should apply for the State Facility Permit.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
Division of Air Resources
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone: (718) 482-4997

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.