Adult Care Facility - Enriched Housing Program



Health, Department of State
Enriched housing programs need a Certificate of Need to operate in New York State. This certificate comes from the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH).

These programs provide long-term residential care in independent housing units to older people. They cannot provide medical care. They can provide social day care, temporary care, and rehabilitative services.

New laws are in effect to better govern adult homes. Operators should review them as soon as possible.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Health
NYC Metropolitan Area Office
90 Church Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10007-2919
Phone: 2124174921


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.