GreaterNY is targeted to nonprofits committed to developing and deploying innovative business models to become more adaptive in a changing business climate. Partners meet regularly, work on goals and deliverables, convene as a class, and may become eligible for competitive grant funding to support capacity building projects developed through the partnership.
Program outcomes include:
- Development of earned income streams
- New marketing and branding strategies
- Development of targeted individual donor campaigns and membership programs
- New corporate partnerships
- Strengthened Boards and Board management capacity
In addition to strengthening organizations, GreaterNY’s key impact is the development of catalytic relationships that support New York’s nonprofit leadership and fosters tri-sector collaboration. Partnerships are geared to providing maximum support for nonprofit executives, all communication between corporate and nonprofit partners is considered confidential.
Eligibility for GreaterNY includes:
- Human service organizations and cultural organizations that provide programming for vulnerable residents
- Annual operating budgets of $5- $20 Million
- Organizations must receive City funding
- Leadership must be able to commit roughly 10 hours a month to partnership activities.
GreaterNY’s first class of partnerships completed its work in 2011. A second class launched in October 2012. Although the application period for new nonprofit candidates has passed, GreaterNY staff welcomes recommendations about other ways to support the sector.