Quality Improvement Food Protection Course
The Quality Improvement Food Protection Course is an advanced class aimed at increasing food safety in New York City’s food safety. It focuses on:
- Creating an Active Managerial Control Plan (AMCP) — a system used to reduce the risk of food-borne illness by identifying and correcting food safety hazards;
- Developing and implementing a quality improvement/quality assurance plan designed for your individual food service establishment;
- Handling potentially hazardous foods and serving safe food to your customers;
- Assuring good personal hygiene for staff;
- Assuring employee supervision and training.
To take the course students must have completed the basic DOHMH Food Protection Course.
Frequency and Duration: This is a 12-hour course, held over 3 sessions, each lasting 4 hours. The first and second sessions are held on consecutive days. At these sessions, participants are introduced to the elements necessary to implement an effective quality improvement plan. The third session will be held 1 week later. At this session, plans designed by participants will be evaluated and used as samples for discussion and review.
How to Register: You must register and pay for this course online. To register online you must pay by American Express, Discover, Visa or Master Card, or electronic check if you have both your account number and bank routing number. A 2.49% convenience fee will be added to the cost of the class when paying by credit card. Register and pay for this class.
Location of Class:
New York City Health Academy
East Harlem Multi-Service Center, Second Floor
413 East 120 Street
New York, NY 10035