The Department of Finance collects over $30 billion in revenue for the City and values more than one million properties worth a total of over $800 billion. In addition, Finance also:
- Records property-related documents;
- Administers exemption and abatement programs;
- Adjudicates and collects parking tickets;
- Maintains the city’s treasury;
- Chairs the City’s Banking Commission; and
- Acts as the City’s chief civil law enforcement officer
Through the Mayor’s Office of Pensions and Investments, Finance also advises the Administration on the $130 billion City pension system and $12 billion deferred compensation plan.