As a livery passenger, you have the right to:
- Ride in a car that is clean, in good condition, and has passed all required inspections;
- Be driven by a TLC-licensed driver in good standing whose license is clearly displayed;
- A safe and courteous driver who obeys all traffic laws;
- A quiet trip, free of horn-honking and audio/radio noise;
- Receive a fare quote from the dispatcher and pay that amount for your ride (unless the trip changes);
- A driver who does not use a cell phone while driving (hands-free phones are not permitted);
- A smoke and scent free ride;
- Air-conditioning or heat on request;
- Working seatbelts for all passengers – please use them!
- Not share a ride, unless you want to;
- Be accompanied by a service animal;
- Decline to tip for poor service.
If you feel your rights were violated by a livery driver please Submit a Consumer Complaint.
Remember to call for your car – No street hails.
Visit 311 Online for additional information.
You should start seeing these this summer (2009).
Livery Passenger’s Bill of Rights in…DERECHOS DE LOS PASAJEROS DE TAXI
Livery Passenger’s Bill of Rights in…ПРАВА ПАССАЖИРА ТАКСИ
Livery Passenger’s Bill of Rights in…計程車乘客的權利