As a Boro Taxi passenger, you have the right to:
- Ride in a car that is clean, in good condition, and has passed all required inspections.
- Be driven by a TLC-licensed driver in good standing whose license is clearly displayed.
- A safe and courteous driver who obeys all traffic laws.
- Pay a metered fare for trips that start on the street, with the option to pay for your trip with a credit card.
- A quiet trip, free from horn-honking and audio/radio noise.
- Receive a fare quote from the dispatcher and pay that amount for your ride, unless the trip changes. (Prearranged trips only)
- A driver who does not use a cell phone while driving (hands-free phones are not permitted).
- A smoke and scent free ride.
- Air-conditioning or heat on request.
- Working seatbelts for all passengers – please use them!
- Not share a ride, unless you want to.
- Be accompanied by a service animal.
- Decline to tip for poor service.
- Request a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
If you feel your rights were violated by a Boro Taxi driver please Submit a Consumer Complaint.
Visit 311 Online for additional information.