On August 7, 2014 the TLC Board of Commissioners unanimously voted in favor of a Commuter Van Pilot Program. Similar to the “T” found on Medallion taxicabs and Boro Taxicabs, the pilot will test a similar marking for commuter vans. The goal of the pilot is to help passengers easily identify legal commuter vans.
Licensed Commuter Van vehicles may participate in this pilot. Please note that participation in the Commuter Van Decal Pilot is optional. The Commuter Van Decal Pilot requires the decal to be installed on both front doors, and pilot participants will also have the option to include the decal on the rear door. This pilot program will allow the TLC to test and evaluate such branding for the Commuter Van industry. For questions regarding the pilot, please contact email@example.com.
Instructions for How to Participate in the Pilot:
- Complete the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), including a list of all VINs for which the marking will be installed, and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 212-676-1102.
- Upon approval, TLC will return a signed copy of the MOU to the participant.
- The participant may then take this TLC signed MOU to any TLC-approved print shop to install the marking.
Important Information for Commuter Van Customers
- Make your commute faster, easier and safer by only riding in TLC-licensed vans.
- All TLC-licensed commuter vans have special markings. Please see the below image to learn more about identifying a licensed van.
- TLC runs background checks on all drivers. Vehicles must meet strict safety standards. Commuter Van operators must meet proper insurance and licensing requirements. Commuter vans not licensed by the TLC don’t meet these requirements.
Click here to download the image