In February 2014 Mayor de Blasio released the Vision Zero Action Plan, a roadmap of new initiatives across the city that will move the city towards its goal of zero traffic fatalities by 2024. As part of this plan, TLC committed to recognizing the safest taxi and for-hire vehicle drivers on the road by creating a TLC Safety Honor Roll.
The 2014 TLC Safety Honor Roll is the first annual list recognizing taxi and for-hire vehicle drivers who have outstanding records of safe driving over many years and millions of miles behind the wheel. TLC has high standards for all of its over 115,000 licensed drivers, and on a mile-per-mile basis TLC-licensed drivers are some of the safest drivers on New York City streets. The 295 drivers on the 2014 TLC Safety Honor Roll represent a truly elite group. TLC reviewed of all of its licensed drivers’ records and identified 295 drivers who have, over five years or more, not had a single crash involving injury, a single traffic violation, or a single violation of TLC safety-related rules.
To see the list of 2014 TLC Safety Honor Roll Drivers, click here.
Read the Press Release
These remarkable drivers will be recognized for their deep commitment to safety and service at a ceremony with their families on September 8, 2014. If you are a driver on the 2014 TLC Safety Honor Roll, you will receive an invitation to this ceremony by mail.
Facts about 2014 Safety Honor Roll Drivers
- TLC Safety Honor Roll drivers have had no crashes involving injury, no traffic violations, and no violations of TLC safety-related rules for five or more years as TLC-licensed drivers.
- 295 drivers are on the 2014 TLC Safety Honor Roll.
- 178 TLC Safety Honor Roll drivers drive yellow taxis.
- 110 TLC Safety Honor Roll drivers drive black cars or livery cars.
- 4 TLC Safety Honor Roll drivers drive yellow taxis and black cars or livery cars.
- 3 TLC Safety Honor Roll drivers drive commuter vans.
- 18 of these drivers drive Boro Taxis.
- The average honor roll driver has held a TLC license for 13 years.