Online Application Payment for Drivers and Vehicle Owners.
New Driver and New Vehicle applicants who have applied for a TLC license online must complete some additional steps in order to complete the application process.
Next steps AFTER applying for a TLC license online:
- Print and sign your online application, this will be considered Part A. Failure to bring this with you to TLC will result in you having to fill out a full paper application.
- Obtain a Part B application / Checklist / Instructions– the Part B application must be completely filled out and you must bring it with you on the day you submit the pre-printed online application to the TLC. You must come in with all required documents listed on the checklist & instructions.
- You will be contacted via email by the TLC with information on when to come in with your application and any additional requirements.
If you are not contacted within ten (10) business days from the day you submit your application please call the call center at 718-391-5501 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
If you are applying for a TLC Driver’s License– you will be notified by the TLC via email when to come in to our Licensing facility, located at 32-02 Queens Blvd, 2nd floor, between the hours of 8am – 4pm to be fingerprinted. You will also be required to bring with you the Payment Receipt, printout of your online application (Part A),, Driver License Application – Part B and any additional requirements listed on the checklist and instructions, below. If you come without the full application package, you will need to fill out a paper application!
If you are applying for a TLC Vehicle License – you will be notified by the TLC via email to have your Base schedule an appointment for you on our website to come in to our Licensing facility. You will be required to bring with you the Payment Receipt, printout of your online application (Part A), your pre-printed Vehicle Application and the Part B application and any additional required documents. If you come without the full application package, you will need to fill out a paper application!
To download a Part B Application and to find out about any additional requirements, please click on one of the links below.
Failure to provide all required documents will result in the denial of your application. All fees are non-refundable so be sure to come in to our Licensing facility as soon as possible.
Vehicle-FHV, Paratransit & Commuter Van
If you would like to submit a new application online, please click on the link below.
- If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will be charged a convenience fee of 2.49% of the payment amount. This fee is nonrefundable. You will see this amount before you check out. The fee will be shown as a separate charge on your credit or debit card statement, and the New York City Department of Finance will be the merchant. If you pay by E-Check, with a valid checking account, you will not be charged a convenience fee.
- All application fees are non-refundable and if your payment is rejected for any reason, whether by your Credit Card Company or bank, in addition to the original amount that must be paid, you will be charged an additional $20 processing fee for the returned payment before your application will be processed. All incomplete applications will cause a delay in processing and issuance of your new license may cause your application to be denied.
Please read the Online Payment User Guide for more detailed instructions.