NYC TLC’s LARS
The NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission's License Applications, Renewals & Summonses (LARS) system offers the ability to make the following transactions:
- Plead guilty and/or pay summons(es)
- At present only a summons where no personal appearance is required can be paid via LARS. To view a sample of a summons that has the “Personal Appearance Required’ box checked, please click here.
- Make a license renewal payment
- A payment made using LARS does not mean that your license will be approved for renewal.
- To obtain information on renewal requirements for your license type click on one of the links below:
- Apply for a new license (New Driver or New Vehicle Application)
- Pay applicable fees
- Update your personal information online (there is no fee to update information)
Most of the transactions on LARS are available to current Drivers, Vehicle Owners, Medallion Owners, Agents, SHL Permit holders, Bases and Businesses. Unlicensed entities can also plead guilty and/or pay a TLC-issued summons online by using the Summons number.
Please click here to go the LARS online payment site. Instructional videos on some Licensing actions can be found on TLC’s YouTube channel here.
- If you pay by E-Check you will not be charged a fee.
- If you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will be charged a fee of 2% of the payment amount. This fee is nonrefundable. You will see this amount before you check out. The fee will be shown as a separate charge on your credit or debit card statement, and the New York City Department of Finance will be the merchant.
- All license fees, new or renewal are NOT refundable.