On-Line Transactions (LARS) Printer Friendly Format Newsletter Sign-up Translate This Page Text Size Small Medium Large

Apply for a License
Upload Documents (TLC UP)
Pay Renewal Fee
Pay Summons
Pay Other Fees
Update License Information
Additional Information

Lost Property Search

November 6 - General Election
FAQ Licensing | SHL Base

I own a Base. What do I need to do to get a Street Hail Livery Base (SHL) Endorsement?

You would need to file an application for the SHL Base Endorsement. For more information, please go here.

Where do I obtain an application for a Street Hail Livery (SHL) Base Endorsement?

An SHL Base Endorsement Application is available to download.

Do I need an appointment to file the application?

Yes, you will need an appointment. Please email shlbase@tlc.nyc.gov to schedule an appointment to submit your application and supporting documents.

What fees are there for the Street Hail Livery (SHL) Base Endorsement?

A fee of $3,000.00 for the SHL Endorsement is required. If you are a For-Hire Vehicle Base you will also be responsible for submitting an additional, pro-rated, license fee payment to allow the expiration date of your license to be extended out to coincide with the expiration date of the SHL Endorsement. The pro-rated amount will be based upon six month time periods.

Example. The underlying Base License expires on 6/30/15. A Street Hail Livery Base Endorsement is issued to the Base on 6/30/13 and will expire on 6/30/16. The underlying Base License will be extended for one year and an additional 1 year license fee of $500 will be charged. The underlying Base License and the Street Hail Livery Base Endorsement will both expire on 6/30/16.

Where can I get the list of Street Hail Livery (SHL) Endorsed Bases? 

A complete List of Current TLC Licensees including SHL Endorsed Bases, is available on our website

Do I need to submit an additional Bond if I want to apply for a Street Hail Livery (SHL) Base Endorsement

Yes. You need to submit an SHL Bond for $5,000 in addition to the base’s Bond which was submitted when the base was first opened.

You can cover the bond requirements for the SHL endorsement by increasing the amount of the bond currently on file with the agency by $5,000 or by providing a second bond.

I do not own a base. How do I file for a Base Authority? 

You can download a base application and checklist here. You must have an approved base license and meet all the conditions for licensure before you can apply for an SHL Base Endorsement.

These FAQs are for informational purposes only, and are not a full statement of your rights, duties, and obligations under TLC Rules and applicable law. In the event that any of the information contained in these FAQs is not current or otherwise incorrect, the TLC’s Rules and applicable laws govern. The TLC’s Rules can be found on our website at  www.nyc.gov/tlc.