"> NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission - FAQ | Licensing | Renew or Status Change
On-Line Transactions (LARS) Printer Friendly Format Newsletter Sign-up Translate This Page Text Size Small Medium Large

Apply for a License
Upload Documents (TLC UP)
Pay Renewal Fee
Pay Summons
Pay Other Fees
Update License Information
Additional Information

Lost Property Search

November 6 - General Election
FAQs - Bases / Businesses Licensing | Renew / Status Change

When does my Base/Business license expire?

The information on when your license expires is available on our Current TLC Licensee List.

Can a Base / Business receive correspondence from TLC by e-mail?

Yes. All Base / Businesses are required to provide the TLC with a working email in order to receive correspondence from the TLC.

How do I update my e-mail address?

Please e-mail the business unit at BusinessUnit@tlc.nyc.gov.  However, for phone number updates, you will need to show proof of your new telephone number.  This can be done by showing us a telephone bill or letter from your provider that service was activated with the new number.

How can I terminate a vehicle or a Street Hail Livery (SHL) affiliation from my FHV Base?

You must notify the vehicle owner or SHL Permit holder of the termination. There are two ways to do this:
  1. You can submit a Termination of Affiliation Form, that is signed by the Base and vehicle owner or SHL permit holder. To obtain this form, please click on Termination of Affiliation Form.
  2. If you cannot get the vehicle owner or SHL permit holder to sign, you must give them notice in writing. A letter must be sent to the vehicle owner or SHL permit holder, using certified mail, to the address that matches the address that the TLC has on file. You will need to show proof you sent the letter when you request the termination of affiliation. Please see Sample Letter of Termination of Vehicle Affiliation for your convenience.
You must submit the ‘Termination of Affiliation Form’ (and letter if applicable) to the TLC by fax to   718.391.5786 or by scanning and emailing the documents to terminate@tlc.nyc.gov.

How to do a Base Name Change?

Submit a name request form, once approved, complete change of base status form and submit the required documentation listed on the checklist for the name change. Please visit the Base / Business page to obtain additional information and to download the application.

How to do a Base Ownership Change?

To do an ownership change, you must complete the Application to Change the Status of a Base / Authority and then make an appointment here to submit it with all required documents listed on the checklist. Please visit the Base / Business page to obtain additional information and to download the application.

Can I make my renewal payment on-line?

Yes. You can make a renewal payment online.

  • A detailed list of all renewing requirements is available in the please visit the Base / Business page.

What is an Environmental Assessment Statement (EAS) and who needs one?

The EAS is required if you are establishing a new Livery Base Station or relocating an existing one. The EAS evaluates the potential impact of a new or relocating Livery base station and/or its Off Street Parking  (OSP) facility on the local environment/ community, as per the guidelines set out in the New York City Environmental Quality Review Rules of Procedure. Additional information is available on the  Environmental Assessment Statement (EAS) How to Guide and the Livery Base Licensing Page.

Where can I find information about the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle Transportation Network Company (TNC) program?

For information about the NYSDMV TNC program, please go here

These FAQs are for informational purposes only, and are not a full statement of your rights, duties, and obligations under TLC Rules and applicable law. In the event that any of the information contained in these FAQs is not current or otherwise incorrect, the TLC’s Rules and applicable laws govern. The TLC’s Rules can be found on our website at  www.nyc.gov/tlc.