In 2011, Mayor Bloomberg introduced New York City's first Digital Roadmap. Less than three years later, with 100% of objectives are complete, New York City's Digital Leadership demonstrates the strides the City has made to date, driven by investments in infrastructure, education, open government, online engagement and technology sector support. Highlights include:
- Enabling 300,000 low-income residents to access the Internet and adopt service since the introduction of the first Digital Roadmap.
- Launching over 40 digital learning programs that have served over 1,000,000 New Yorkers to date, including Cornell Tech NYC on Roosevet Island.
- Expanding the NYC OpenData platform from 350 public data sets offered at launch to over 2,000.
- Relaunching a groundbreaking nyc.gov website and tripling the City's social media audience.
- Growing the City's technology sector to over 1,000 Made in NY technology companies.
Download the PDF here, search above or navigate by section to learn more. To start, see all 40 completed initiatives in the Progress Report to link directly to each program.