"...the single most important piece of unfinished business that lies ahead of us in 2013: rebuilding the communities hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy - and creating a more resilient and sustainable city."
– Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s State of the City Address, February 14, 2013
The process of rebuilding and thinking long term requires a strong framework to structure ongoing engagement and, ultimately, real action. Facilitating this structured conversation with the community is an important tool for report development, so has been is being conducted along several levels:
- City, State, and Federal government
- Elected officials and community boards
- Local businesses, civic and nonprofit associations, and faith organizations
- New Yorkers with a stake in long-term rebuilding
- Industry, academic, and policy thought leaders have been engaged in all subject-matter areas, leveraging the vast intellectual community in New York City and throughout the world
If you would like to give us feedback about rebuilding New York City and making it more resilient to future storms and climate change, please email us.