Youth Photo Contest Rules and Instructions
1. Contestants must be between the ages of 5 - 18.
2. Photos must be jpeg.
3. Photos must be accompanied by a word document or
email containing: Name, Address, Phone and Email Address of both contestant and
his/her legal guardian; title for each photo; description of photo and the
location where photo was taken. Entries should be sent to Sicb1@si.rr.com.
4. The following types of photos will not be accepted pursuant to the rules of this contest:
||i Photos other than those of public places on the North Shore of Staten Island;
ii Photos of commercial establishments;
iii Photos containing people which are not accompanied by a completed.
General Consent and Release form for each of the individuals appearing in the photograph.
5. All entries must be accompanied by an original General Eligibility and Consent ("GEC") form download from this site and signed by the contestant and his/her legal guardian, and original General Consent and Release ("GCR") forms download from this site signed by any person who appears in any photo submitted pursuant to the rules of this contest, and by his/her legal guardian, if he/she is a minor. No photos depicting any person will be considered without original GCR forms signed by each such person and their legal guardians, where applicable.
General Eligibility and Consent forms for contestant and legal guardian, and GCR forms for anyone whose images appears in a photo, must be executed and sent (along with a copy of the photographs submitted) to:
||Anthony Marra, Chairman
Community Board #1
1 Edgewater Plaza - room 217
Staten Island, New York 10305
Except as provided in rules #6 & #7 below, all personal information received by Community Board #1 and the City of New York in connection with this contest will be kept confidential.
6. The name of the person responsible for taking the winning photograph(s) will be displayed with the name of his/her legal guardian(s), along with the photograph on the website. Neither winners nor contestants will be compensated for the use of their photos. All ownership and intellectual property rights are deemed conveyed to, and become the sole property of the City of New York.
7. Names of the winners will be announced at Community Board #1's monthly full board meeting held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
8. The City of New York will place the winning photograph(s) on CB #1 Staten Island's Web site as soon as is practical after selection is made by Community Board #1. The duration that the winning photograph(s) will appear on the Web site, as well as the size placed on the website are to be determined by the City of New York in its sole discretion. The winning photograph(s) may be cropped by the City of New York for spacing and artistic purposes.
9. The City of New York will place the winning photograph(s) as soon as practical after selection is made by Community Board #1. The duration that the winning photograph(s) will appear on the website, as well as the size placed on the website are to be determined by the City of New York in its sole discretion. The winning photograph(s) may be cropped by the City of New York for spacing and artistic purposes.
10. No purchase is necessary, and there is no fee to enter or to win.
11. Employees of the City of New York and close relatives are not eligible to participate.