- I have never visited Workforce1 before. Why should I register to become a member? Registering online saves you time when you come to our centers, and it allows you to apply for jobs online.
- What is the process to register online to become a member? Click on "Register for Services" and then click on the "Register" button. Follow all of the steps in the process, and make sure to save and print the email that contains your online registration confirmation number. You will be asked for this email when you first visit a center.
- Do I still need to come into a Workforce1 Career Center if I register online? Yes, you still need to come into a center to complete the final step of your registration as a Workforce1 member. Until you come in to complete your registration in person, your online options will be limited.
- When should I visit a Workforce1 Career Center to complete the process? You may choose to visit a center hosting a Recruitment Event or workshop that is appropriate for you, or you can apply to jobs online and wait until you are invited by a recruiter for an interview. If you choose to visit a Workforce1 Career Center, please arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled event, workshop, or appointment in order to complete the registration process and receive your Membership Card.
- Do I need to bring anything with me when I visit a career center?Please bring an official form of identification and copy of your resume if you have one. In order to access some Workforce1 services, you may also need to bring additional documentation to verify your eligibility under the Workforce Investment Act. Review what to bring to make sure you have all of the documents you need to register for services on your visit.
- I don't want to register online. Can I still go to a center and register in person? Yes, you still have the option to register in person. If, after visiting a center, you decide you want to take advantage of online options, you can follow the instructions below.
- Am I automatically registered if I signed up for the Workforce1 Career Bulletin? No, you are not automatically registered. You will need to click "Register" and fill out the required information to gain access to full details on jobs available through Workforce1.
- I entered my personal email and password in the log-in screen, and I am still having trouble logging in. What do I do? If this is your first time using our online tools, you will need to set up a separate NYC.gov ID. This is a required step, even you are signed up for the Career Bulletin, or are an existing member of Workforce1. To create your NYC.gov ID:
- Click on the link that says "Don't have an NYC.gov ID? Sign up here," located below the "Log In" button.
- Enter the required information to establish your NYC.gov ID and click "Submit."
- Sign in to your email and click on the link in the verification email to confirm your identity and log in.
If you already have an NYC.gov ID and are unable to log in, be sure to check the spelling of your email and password, and make sure that you don't have "Caps Lock" on. If you have forgotten your password, click on the link to change your password and follow the instructions to set up a new password. Make sure any password you select is at least eight characters long and contains at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one number or special character. Your password should not contain your first or last name, email address, or any spaces.
- I've been to a Workforce1 Career Center and have a Membership Card. Why should I register online? Registering online gives you access to apply for jobs at all of our centers, and complete other important tasks such as keeping your information up to date for use by our recruiters. If you have a Membership Card now, you may Log In to create an NYC.gov ID, and after logging in, you will be able to enter your Membership Card number. This will allow you to apply for jobs, sign up for workshops, and update your profile.
- I'm a member of Workforce1, but I don't have a Membership Card. What do I do? In this situation, you may choose from the following two options: 1). Re-register to become a member of Workforce1 by registering online. The process only takes a few minutes, and once you are registered, you will be able to apply for job opportunities online, or 2). Visit a Workforce1 Career Center in person as request a Membership Card from the front desk.
- How do I apply for Workforce1 jobs online? You must register online to have access to online job applications. Once you have registered and uploaded your resume, you will be able to apply for jobs online. You can only apply to a limited number of jobs at one time, so please carefully select the job that best matches your skills and interests when applying. After you apply, you will receive an email confirming the application.
- What happens after I apply online for a Workforce1 job? Our recruiters will review your resume and respond to you by email within five business days. If your qualifications are a strong match for the job, the recruiter will provide you with information on the next steps in the process. If your application does not match the employer's needs, you will still be able to apply for other opportunities.
- It has been more than five business days since I applied, but I have not seen a response. What should I do? Workforce1 is committed to providing timely responses to every application we receive. If it has been more than five business days since you applied for a job, please forward the email confirming your application to Workforce1 and a member of our customer service team will be sure to follow-up.