2013 NYC Department of Small Business Services and the Workforce Development Corporation iPad Mini Giveaway
NO PAYMENT, ENTRY FEE NOR PURCHASE REQUIRED.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK CITY ONLY.
ENTRANTS MUST BE ATLEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the 2013 NYC Department of Small Business Services and the Workforce Development Corporation iPad Mini Giveaway ("Giveaway") by fully completing the online Workforce1 Customer Satisfaction Survey (“Customer Satisfaction Survey: Workforce1”) which can be accessed by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/WF1survey.
Entries must be received between 12:00 p.m. (EST) on July 2, 2013, when the Giveaway begins, and 12:00 p.m. (EST) on July 30, 2013, when the Giveaway ends. Limit one (1) entry per person and/or per e-mail address.
2. ELIGIBILTY: To enter the Giveaway for the iPad Mini (or “Prize”) you must, at the time of entry, be a legal, permanent resident of New York City (the “City”), and be 18 years of age. Workforce1 is a service provided by the NYC Department of Small Business Services that prepares and connects qualified candidates to job opportunities in New York City. The Giveaway and any web sites, web pages and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the City. Potential winner will be required to provide identification on the day that they retrieve the Prize.
Entries received from persons residing outside of the City of New York, or where restricted or prohibited by law, will be disqualified. Employees of the Workforce Development Corporation and employees of the City of New York, and their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Giveaway Entities"), and anyone involved in the development or execution of this promotion, and the immediate families (parents, spouses, siblings, and children and their spouses) and members of the households of such employees are ineligible.
3. DRAWING ANDNOTIFICATION: The Prize Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Giveaway, will conduct a random drawing of one (1) winner ("Prize Winner") on or about 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, 2013. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email, at the Prize Administrator's discretion. The potential winner acknowledges that time is of the essence in awarding the Prize; accordingly, if a potential winner does not respond to the Prize Administrator's notification attempt within eight hours of the first notification attempt, then such person will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received. With respect to notification by e-mail, such notification will be deemed given when the Prize Administrator has sent an e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the potential winner. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with the Prize Administrator or when a message is left on the potential winner's voicemail service or answering machine by the Prize Administrator, whichever occurs first. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be strictly enforced.
4. PRIZES: One (1) 16GB Wifi iPad Mini is available.
PRIZE DETAILS and CONDITIONS: There is only one prize. Prize consists of 1 (one) iPad Mini. Retail Value: $329. The City of New York is not offering or responsible for any services or subscriptions related to the iPad Mini. The iPad Mini product specifications are: 16GB memory, Wifi connectivity, 7.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, Dual-core A5 processor. The Prize Winner will be provided with instructions on how to receive the Prize upon receiving notification of winning. Any date change may be made at the discretion of the Prize Administrator. No prize substitution or cash redemption is available, except at the Prize Administrator's sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Prize Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
5. RELEASES/TAXES: As a condition of winning the Prize, the potential winner will be required to have photo identification with him or her in order to pick up the Prize and to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the "Affidavit/Release"). All Affidavit/Releases must be returned within the time indicated in the documents. If such documents are not returned at the designated time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be designated from among the alternate winners selected. If prize documentation or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification, and an alternate potential winner will be designated from among the alternate winners selected. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities, including but not limited to use taxes and income taxes or like amounts in connection with the Prize Winner’s Prize, acceptance or use of the Prize arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
6. PRIVACY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Giveaway and/or acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Giveaway Entities to use the Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statement, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, in perpetuity and without further compensation in connection with this Giveaway. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes consent to the transfer of the personal information collected from the entrant to the Prize Administrator for the purposes of administering the Giveaway and for such other purposes to which entrant may consent as outlined herein or on the Prize Administrator's Web site. Prize Administrator may provide you with an opportunity to opt-in to authorize use of your personal information to send you future information related to your participation in Research Panels about your experiences in New York City. By opting-in, you authorize the Prize Administrator to send such information to you. By entering the Giveaway, you also authorize Prize Administrator to provide your personal information to third party fulfillment companies so that such companies may process and deliver the Prize to the Prize Winner.
7. GIVEAWAY CONDITIONS: This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Prize Administrator, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. By entering, the Prize Winner and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Giveaway Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from a) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in this Giveaway, b) any malfunction or other problem with the Giveaway Web site, c) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, or d) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of The Prize.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Giveaway Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete online, text or on-site entries due to system errors or failures or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions; and/or online, text or on-site entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system/human errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, or satellite transmissions, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a Web site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. The Giveaway Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Giveaway Web site or error in the collection, processing or retention of entry information.
9. TERMINATION/SUSPENSION/MODIFICATION OF GIVEAWAY: If for any reason this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Prize Administrator, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Giveaway, the Prize Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway and to select the Prize Winner by conducting a random drawing from those eligible entries received up to the termination/suspension date. Prize Administrator may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning the Prize in this or any other promotion conducted by the Prize Administrator if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Prize Administrator representatives. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Prize Administrator reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain the Prize for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Prize Administrator in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. RULES/WINNER NOTIFICATION: To receive a notification of the Prize Winner or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 30, 2013 to: NYC Department of Small Business Services, 110 William Street 7th Floor, New York, NY 10007, attn. NYC Workforce1 iPad Mini Giveaway. Please specify "Rules" or "The Prize Winner."