How many times have you thought about selling your custom-made jewelry or decorative home items to complete strangers? If your friends and family are already customers, you're probably on to something big.
Don't miss another sales opportunity!
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs, the NYC Department of Small Business Services has developed the free NYC Craft Entrepreneurship Program to help crafters like you establish an online business so you can sell your products to the world and earn income. Previous graduates have already begun to increase their sales as part of Etsy's online business community.
Applications are currently closed. However, we will begin accepting applications again in a few months.
Please provide your information here and we will contact you once the program is open again.
- Be able to run your own functioning shop on Etsy.com
- Work with instructors who are also successful craft sellers
- Supplement your income
- Be connected with a network of program alumni
- List your first 20 items for sale for free at Etsy.com
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell
- Commit to attending 4 weeknight classes and 1 Saturday class (about 12 hours total)
- Reside in New York City
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
The NYC Craft Entrepreneurship Program is provided by the NYC Department of Small Business Services in partnership with Etsy and funded by Citi Community Development.