The City of New York alone buys more than $17 billion worth of goods and services in a year.
To get tips on how you can capture a share of this market, attend our Selling to Government workshop. Learn what it takes to become a government contractor and connect with resources to help your business access government opportunities.
The NYC Online Certification Portal for Minority- and Women-owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs), Locally-Based Enterprises (LBE), and Emerging Business Enterprises (EBE) makes it easier to GET CERTIFIED.
Visit NYC.gov/certifyonline to:
- Certify and re-certify online
- Check the status of your application
- Review & update your business profile
For more information about our certification program, please visit nyc.gov/getcertified.
- One-on-One Technical Assistance - Is a Comprehensive counseling service provided to business owners who need help selling their products and services to the government.
- Selling to Government Workshops - Educate businesses to best practice techniques in their specific industry groups on how to sell their goods or services to the government. Topics include: Selling to Government, Marketing your business to government, How to respond to an RFP, bidding strategies, and cost estimating strategies.
- NYC Teaming - NYC Teaming offers a series of workshops to teach small businesses and City-certified M/WBEs the practice of teaming with other firms in order to compete for larger or new market contract opportunities. Then firms can network and practice what they've learned at a business matchmaking event.
- Corporate Alliance Program (CAP) - The Corporate Alliance Program (CAP) is a partnership with ten large corporations to provide NYC-certified and eligible M/WBEs the opportunity to learn how to grow their businesses through private sector contracting opportunities. Initiatives currently available to CAP participants are the Navigating the Corporate Supply Chain workshops and the CAP/NYCEO Construction Mentorship Program.
- Strategic Steps for for Growth - Strategic Steps for Growth is a nine-month executive business management education program designed for M/WBE-certified firms, offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services and the NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The program gives entrepreneurs an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience through classes, using their own businesses as real-life business case studies and advice from business leaders and other entrepreneurs.
- Contract Financing - Business Solutions helps small businesses, including Minority or Women-owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs), across all industries secure low-rate loans to compete on City contracts. Whether your firm has been selected to perform a construction project, provide professional services, or supply the City with goods, businesses across all industires can access up to $150,000 in capital to cover contract-related labor and equipment costs.
Certified construction and construction trade M/WBEs can also access the following programs:
- NYC Construction Mentorship - This 8-month, cohort-based program provides accepted participants (eligible applicants are required to complete an application and be interviewed for participation consideration) with classroom instruction on business and construction management topics, business assessments, and one-on-one mentorship as they focus on City Agency contracting opportunities and develop a growth plan for their businesses.
- Bond Readiness - This 7-month, cohort-based program provides accepted participants (eligible firms must complete an application and be interviewed for participation consideration) with educational workshops and one-on-one assistance to help position their firms to either obtain surety bonds or increase their bonding capacity in order to bid on City construction projects.
You can learn more about finding contracting opportunities and SBS services by Contacting an Account Manager or visiting our Business Library. You can also visit a Procurement Technical Assistance Center here.