Choose Your Own Contractor – Home Improvement Contractor Application:
This is an application for registration as a Home Improvement Contractor eligible to participate in the NYC Build It Back Repair – Choose Your Own Contractor (CYOC) program. The CYOC program is seeking highly qualified contractors to participate in this program. Upon selection by an eligible Homeowner, the application of the Home Improvement Contractor will be processed. There is no fee for registration. Submission of this application is no guarantee of acceptance into the program. The Home Improvement Contractor assumes all costs associated with this application submission and any requests for clarification by the City of New York.
To proceed to the application, a Home Improvement Contractor must read and agree to the statements below:
- You have a current Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) License from the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) and engage a licensed Home Improvement Salesperson (HIS) (for general licensing information, click here);
- You are willing to perform the work according to the Pre-established Unit Prices and Technical Specifications, including any environmental remediation detailed in the Job Order;
- You have the relevant experience and resources to perform or subcontract the work listed in Section 2 of this application and according to the Build It Back Minimum Program Standards
- You have a satisfactory record of business integrity, specifically regarding complaints, violations, and investigations on file with DCA, the NYC Department of Buildings, and the NYC Department of Investigation, and you are not debarred by a governmental entity;
- You will comply with and sign the program's Terms (including insurance and bonding requirements - click here for a Summary of Terms), as well as a Home Improvement Contract with each homeowner who selects you;
- With your application, you will provide a letter from a surety company stating that you are qualified to obtain at least $50,000 in bonds, or, if choosing to perform elevations in your application, at least $500,000 in bonds;
- With your application, you will provide proof of existing insurance (and note that the actual insurance requirements are included in the Terms).
Not ready to fill out this application? If you need help meeting the program requirements or additional help growing your business, please visit NYC Small Business Services here.
Links to CYOC Program Documents:
Choose Your Own Contractor – Home Elevation Subcontractor Application:
This is an application for registration as a Home Elevation Contractor eligible to participate in the NYC Build It Back Repair – Choose Your Own Contractor (CYOC) Program. The Build it Back Repair Program provides grants to homeowners to repair and elevate one to four family homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy. Once approved, General Contractors will enter into a subcontract with a registered Home Elevation Contractor to perform the elevation work. A Home Elevation Contractor may apply for registration at any time; there is no fee for registration.
To be eligible for registration, a Home Elevation Contractor must:
- have a current Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) License;
- have the experience and resources to perform the elevation work required by the BIB Program;
- have a satisfactory record of business integrity, specifically regarding complaints and violations;
- provide a letter from a New York State surety stating that the contractor could obtain at least $500,000 in bonds; and
- provide proof of existing insurance.
For General Contractors interested in the Build It Back program, please complete the Choose Your Own Contractor Application for Prime Contractors above.
To proceed to the Elevation Subcontractor application, click here.
Job Order Contract (JOC) Repair Program
Construction Services – Interested Subcontractors Registration:
Subcontractors interested in providing construction services for this program should fill out this form. This is for informational purposes only and will be shared with the awarded contractors.
Click here for the Interested Subcontractors Registration form