Newsletter Sign-Up Translate This Page
Text Size: A A A
Contact Records

If you have a question, please be sure to first read the Frequently Asked Questions. To submit a question or a comment to Department of Records, use the links below.

Contact Us Online:

If you are not sure who will be able to address your concern, please email the Commissioner; we will make sure your concern is properly directed:

For questions about the Municipal Archives Collections:

For questions about Government Publications:

To file a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL Request):

For questions about Nondiscriminatory Access to Services*:

*Includes requests for an auxiliary aid for service for effective communication, a reasonable modification of policies and procedures to participate in our programs, services or activities or questions, concerns, or complaints relating to nondiscriminatory access to services. To write the Disability Service Facilitator, please see the address below.

Write to Us:

Department of Records and Information Services
31 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007

Contact Us on 311 Online 

For info on Dept. of Records services, go to 311 Online.

Site Feedback:

If you have a comment or a suggestion to make our website better, use the Feedback Form.