Application for a Search and/or Certified Copy of a Marriage Record before 1930
To request a search and certified copy, please use our secure online order form. All your payment information will be safely encrypted.
Request a Search and Certified Copy Online
If you already have a certificate number, use the form below to order a certified copy.
Request a Certified Copy Online
You may also send us your request by mail. Download the form below and follow the instructions provided.
Request a Search and/or Certified Copy by Mail - (in PDF)
|Issuance of certified copy, when certificate number is provided, or search of marriage record, in one year, and in one Borough, for one name and issuance of one certified copy, or "not found" statement||$15.00|
|Per additional year to be searched in one Borough for the same name||$2.00|
|Per additional Borough to be searched in one year for the same name||$2.00|
|Per additional copy of record||$10.00|
|Per “Letter of Exemplification” to be appended to certified copy||$5.00|
- Always provide as specific information as possible about the marriage event. Precise and accurate information enables us to perform a thorough search and will result in a greater likelihood of locating the certificate.
- Not all marriages were reported to the appropriate civil office. This is most frequently the case with marriages performed in Roman Catholic churches.
- Marriage records prior to 1866 for Manhattan are not indexed. Please provide the month, day and year of marriage.
- Note that pre-1866 Manhattan marriages were recorded in ledger book format; the following information was recorded: date of marriage, groom's and bride's names, ages, nativities, and residences and by whom marriage performed
- Please allow between four to six weeks to process a vital record request
Shipping & Handling
|Up to $14.99||$2.50|
|$15.00 - $29.99||$3.50|
|$30.00 - $44.99||$4.50|
|$45.00 - $59.99||$5.50|
|$60.00 - $79.99||$6.50|
|$80.00 - $109.99||$8.50|
|$110.00 - $119.99||$11.00|
|$120.00 and up||$15.00|
Effective December 15, 2009:
International: Double above S&H charges.