New York City Charter - Section 12
Mayor's Management Report
- Not later than January thirtieth in each year the mayor shall make public and submit to the council a preliminary management report of the city and not later than September seventeenth in each year the mayor shall make public and submit to the council a management report.
- The preliminary management report shall contain for each city agency
- a statement of actual performance for the first four months of the current fiscal year relative to the program performance goals and measures established for such year;
- proposed program performance goals and measures for the next fiscal year reflecting budgetary decisions made as of the date of submission of the preliminary budget;
- an explanation in narrative and/or tabular form of significant changes in the program performance goals and measures from the adopted budget condition to the current budget as modified and from said modified budget to the preliminary budget statements; and
- an appendix indicating the relationship between the program performance goals and measures included in the management report pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision and the corresponding appropriations contained in the preliminary budget.
- The management report shall include a review of the implementation of the statement of needs as required by subdivision h of section two hundred four and shall contain for each agency
- program performance goals for the current fiscal year and a statement and explanation of performance measures;
- a statement of actual performance for the entire previous fiscal year relative to program performance goals;
- a statement of the status of the agency's internal control environment and systems, including a summary of any actions taken during the previous fiscal year, and any actions being taken during the current fiscal year to strengthen the agency's internal control environment and system;
- a summary of rulemaking actions undertaken by the agency during the past fiscal year including
- the number of rulemaking actions taken,
- the number of such actions which were not noticed in the regulatory agenda prepared for such fiscal year, including a summary of the reasons such rules were not included in such regulatory agenda, and
- the number of such actions which were adopted under the emergency rulemaking procedures;
- a summary of the procurement actions taken during the previous fiscal year, including:
- for each of the procurement methods specified in section three hundred twelve, the number and dollar value of the procurement contracts entered into during such fiscal year; and
- for all procurement contracts entered into pursuant to a procurement method other than that specified in paragraph one of subdivision a of section three hundred twelve, the number and dollar value of such procurement contracts by each of the reasons specified in paragraph one of subdivision b of section three hundred twelve; and
- an appendix indicating the relationship between the program performance goals included in the management report pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision and the corresponding expenditures made pursuant to the adopted budget for the previous fiscal year.
- For agencies with local service districts or programs within community districts and boroughs, the mayor's preliminary management report and management report insofar as practicable shall include schedules of agency service goals, performance measures and actual performance relative to goals for each such local service district or program.
- Prior to April eighth in each year the council shall conduct public hearings on the preliminary management report and on the proposed program and performance goals and measures of city agencies contained in such report. The council shall submit to the mayor and make public not later than April eighth a report or reports of findings and recommendations.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]