Section 12 - Mayor's Management Report
- No later than January 30th each year, the Mayor will submit a preliminary management report of the city to the City Council. No later than September 17th each year, the Mayor will submit a management report to the City Council.
- The preliminary management report must contain the following for each city agency:
- a discussion of the agency's performance for the first four months of the current fiscal year as compared to the program's performance goals established for that year;
- proposed program performance goals and measures for the next fiscal year reflecting budgetary decisions made as of the date of submission of the preliminary budget;
- an explanation of significant changes in the program's performance goals and measures from the adopted budget condition to the current budget; and
- an appendix indicating the relationship between the program's performance goals included in the management report according to paragraph two of this subdivision and the corresponding appropriations contained in the preliminary budget.
- The management report shall include a review of the implementation of the statement of needs as required by subdivision H of section 204 and shall contain for each agency:
- program performance goals for the current fiscal year and a statement and explanation of performance measures;
- a statement of actual performance for the entire previous fiscal year relative to program performance goals;
- a statement of the status of the agency's internal control environment and systems, including a summary of any actions taken during the previous fiscal year, and any actions being taken during the current fiscal year to strengthen the agency's internal control environment and system;
- a summary of rulemaking actions undertaken by the agency during the past fiscal year including
- the number of rulemaking actions taken,
- the number of such actions which were not noticed in the regulatory agenda prepared for such fiscal year, including a summary of the reasons such rules were not included in such regulatory agenda, and
- the number of such actions that were adopted under the emergency rulemaking procedures;
- a summary of the procurement actions taken during the previous fiscal year, including:
- for each of the procurement methods specified in section 312, the number and dollar value of the procurement contracts entered into during the year; and
- for all procurement contracts entered into according to a procurement method other than that specified in paragraph 1 of subdivision A of section 312, the number and dollar value of such procurement contracts by each of the reasons specified in paragraph 1 of subdivision B of section 312; and
- an appendix indicating the relationship between the program performance goals included in the management report pursuant to paragraph 2 of this subdivision and the corresponding expenditures made pursuant to the adopted budget for the previous fiscal year.
- For agencies with local service districts or programs within community districts and boroughs, the Mayor's preliminary management report and management report will include schedules of agency service goals, performance measures and actual performance relative to goals for each local service district or program.
- Prior to April 8th each year, the council will conduct public hearings on the preliminary management report and on the proposed program and performance goals and measures of city agencies contained in the report. The council will submit to the Mayor and make public no later than April 8th a report or reports of findings and recommendations.