Created by Executive Order 115 in May, 2008, the Customer Service Group (CSG) at the Mayor's Office of Operations works with City agencies to improve customer service across all delivery channels. In partnership with a multi-agency steering committee, CSG developed Citywide customer service indicators to track customer service performance. Customer service data was first reported by agencies in April 2009; a select number of indicators have earlier data. The customer service indicators are divided into five service areas:
- Customer Service Channels. Data reflects the total number of contacts as well as key performance metrics for each service channel: Internet, letters, emails, walk-in facilities, and call centers.
- Customers Surveyed. Data includes the number of customers surveyed for overall customer satisfaction.
- 311 Service Level Agreements. Data includes agency performance compared to 311 service level agreements.
- Customers Observing & Reporting Experiences (CORE).
Data includes “secret shopper” ratings of conditions at
the City’s walk-in centers.
- Language Access. Data on the number of requests for interpretation completed by an agency.
The 37 agencies responsible for providing customer service data are: ACS, BIC, CCHR, CCRB, DCA, DCAS, DCLA, DCP, DDC, DEP, DFTA, DHS, DJJ, DOB, DOC, DOE, DOF, DOHMH, DOI, DOITT, DOP, DORIS, DOT, DPR, DSNY, DYCD, FDNY, HPD, HRA, LPC, NYCHA, NYPD, OATH, OCME, SBS, TLC, and 311.