The information provided by the City of New York Office of Payroll Administration on this website is only intended for use by New York City government employees. Members of the public, including businesses and their employees, seeking information about the Commuter Benefits Law should visit www.nyc.gov/commuterbenefits or call 311. The Commuter Benefits Law requires certain businesses to offer their eligible employees a pre-tax transportation deduction starting on January 1st, 2016.
COMMUTER BENEFITS PROGRAM
Attention: Effective July 18,2016, the WageWorks Premium TransitChek MetroCard (PMC) Replacement office will be at a new location:
1460 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, New York 10036.
The entrance is on 41st Street between Sixth Avenue and Broadway.
The Replacement Office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST/DST Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and other non-business days. Replacement PMCs must be ordered in advance online at http://getwageworks.com/nyc or by calling WageWorks at 1-877-WAGEWORKS.
Premium TransitChek MetroCard is back!!!!!
Effective Monday 11/3/14, eligible employees can enroll in the Premium TransitChek program. The Premium TransitChek MetroCard (Premium Card) is a special annual, unlimited ride MetroCard offered to eligible employees of the City Of New York through WageWorks, the City’s contractor. When you enroll in the Premium TransitChek MetroCard plan, you receive a MetroCard that can be used for a continuous twelve-month period for unlimited rides on the subway and local buses.
Click here for enrollment information.
Premium TransitChek MetroCard Ordering Information for the WageWorks Website.
Commuter Benefits Program Pre-Tax Benefit
Effective January 1, 2016, in compliance with the Internal Revenue Code, the Commuter Benefits program pre-tax amounts will change as follows:
1. The Transportation Fringe Benefit Monthly Pre-Tax Limit will increase from $130 per month to $255 per month.
2. The Parking Fringe Benefit Monthly Pre-Tax Limit will increase from $250 per month to $255 per month.
To review your payroll deductions amounts and make any necessary payroll deduction changes visit NYCAPS Employee Self Service (ESS) or contact your agency’s TransitBenefit Coordinator.
For CITY employees:
To enroll, change, suspend payroll deductions or to discontinue your enrollment in the Commuter Benefits Program, go to NYCAPS Employee Self Service at www.nyc.gov/ESS or contact your agency’s TransitBenefit Coordinator.
For DOE employees:
To enroll, change, or suspend at the DoE, please log into the Web Employee Self Service/Web Payroll application that can be accessed through the Internet using your DoE Outlook email ID and password at https://payrollportal.nycboe.net. You can also enroll, change suspend by obtaining an enrollment form from the DoE website at http://schools.nyc.gov. Mail DoE forms to the Department of Education, 65 Court Street, Room 1003, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
FOR CUNY employees:
To enroll, change, suspend payroll deductions or to discontinue your enrollment in the Commuter Benefits Programs, you may download an enrollment form from the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu/transitbenefit and contact your TransitBenefit Coordinator.
What is the advantage of being enrolled in the Commuter Benefits Program?
The cost of traveling to and from work is unavoidable. By enrolling in the City of New York Commuter Benefits Program you will save up to 42% on the cost of your commute using public transportation. However your ride: Bus, Subway, Rail Road, Paratransit, Ferry, etc. you save.
Click on the Calculator to View Savings
Not Enrolled?Take advantage of the pre-tax savings while they last…
Enrollment in the City of New York Commuter Benefits Program is open and available for eligible employees who want to avail themselves of the $130/month pre-tax savings. Enrollment is open and available through NYCAPS Employee Self Service, the Department of Education Web Employee Self Service/Web Payroll, and via your agency TransitBenefit coordinator. Click on the New Enrollment Guides for specific instructions.
New Enrollments Guide
Train. Bus. Subway. Paratransit. Ferry. Parking your car at the station. However you ride, the new expanded Commuter Benefits Program, presented by the City of New York and administered by WageWorks, will give you more and better ways to save.
This program works for virtually any transit system in the Tri-State area. No matter what part of the city you live and work, you’re covered:
- MTA, Long Island Railroad, Metro-North Railroad, NJ Transit, PATH, and NY Waterway, to name a few…
- Paratransit and the MTA’s Access-A-Ride program
- Parking at or near public transit to commute to work
Saving is simple. City employees are able to enroll through NYCAPS Employee Self Service and choose how they want to participate.
See the Commuter Benefits Overview on our website. Then find out more about the options that fit your commute.
- Premium TransitChek MetroCard. The Premium TransitChek MetroCard (Premium Card) is an annual, unlimited ride MetroCard. When you enroll in the Premium Card Program, you receive a MetroCard that can be used for a continuous twelve-month period for unlimited rides on MTA subway and local buses.
- Commuter Card. The WageWorks Commuter Card is a stored value card loaded with your pre-tax and post-tax deductions that can be used to purchase transit passes and tickets at many more transit providers than supported under the previous program.
- Transit Pass. This plan allows you to arrange for home delivery of your transit provider passes and tickets through the City’s provider, WageWorks. You will have access to WageWork’s secure website to order your passes or tickets from their extensive catalog of transit providers in the Tri-State area.
- Park-n-Ride. This plan allows you to use your pre-tax and post-tax payroll deductions to pay for parking at or near a public transportation stop or station that you use to commute to work. Only transit relating parking is eligible.
- Access-A-Ride/Paratransit. This plan allows employees who receive paratransit service from MTA New York City Transit to select Access-A-Ride coupons or other paratransit options on WageWorks system.
Department of Education employees can go to the DoE Web Employee Self Service/Web Payroll application to enroll. City University of New York (CUNY) Community College employees can contact their TransitBenefit Coordinator for enrollment information.
To get started or learn more, go to http://getwageworks.com/nyc/