Depending on the information you provide, the Pay Rate Calculator computes different information:
- Enter your annual salary to get your bi-weekly gross
- Enter your bi-weekly gross to see your annual salary
- Calculate hourly and premium rates that could apply if you are paid overtime
If you are paid on an hourly or daily basis, the annual salary calculation does not apply to you. Your bi-weekly pay is calculated by multiplying your daily or hourly rate times the number of days or hours you are paid.
In leap years, the calculation of your bi-weekly gross is based on 366 days; these calculations are normally based on 365 days. Your annual salary remains the same whether it is a leap year or not. Your bi-weekly gross changes slightly in the first pay period of a leap year and in the first pay period after the end of a leap year, due to the one day difference.
Keep in mind:
- The City's payroll system is based on the fiscal year covering the period July 1 through June 30
- Fiscal Year 2014 beginning July 1, 2013 is not a leap year
- The calculator is not set for a leap year
and decimals only. Do not enter commas or dollar signs.
For premium rate (time and one-half), multiply your hourly rate times 1.5. For instance, $24.00 X 1.5 = $36.00 Premium Rate at Time and One-Half
For premium rate (double time), multiply your hourly rate times 2. For instance, $24.00 X 2 = $48.00 Premium Rate at Double Time
Please note: The Pay Rate Calculator is not a substitute for pay calculations in the Payroll Management System. In the event of a conflict between the information from the Pay Rate Calculator and the Payroll Management System, calculations from the Payroll Management System prevail.