You must earn $41,000 or less (with children) or $18,000 or less (no children) to visit a participating H&R Block site where a tax professional will prepare your taxes for only $49 starting February 1. Payment must be made at time of service by check, credit or debit card, or cash.
You must bring to the site either the campaign brochure or the coupon with your special code. Call 311 and ask for the EITC Brochure or click here to get your coupon. Follow the instructions on the coupon.
- If you filed your return at an H&R Block in 2012 using the City's coupon, you are eligible for the same $29 offer in 2013, if you meet the income guidelines. Bring a copy of your 2011 tax return to a participating H&R Block and tell your preparer that you participated in the 2012 NYC Tax Credit Campaign program to ensure that you receive the $29 fee. You do not need to turn in the 2013 EITC Brochure or City coupon.
- The H&R Block offer applies to any type of individual income tax return, including:
- Federal Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with attachments (including Schedule EIC, Schedule C, Form 4684 Casualties and Thefts)
- State Forms IT 201, IT 150, and forms related to tax credits
- Our partners have agreed NOT to offer Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or other loans. Learn about the dangers of RALs.
- View a list of relevant tax documents to bring to sites.