State Emergency Assistance
NY State Insurance
The Insurance Division at the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYS DFS) is responsible for supervising and regulating all insurance business in New York State. NYS DFS will help resolve any issues you may have with your insurance. The Department’s mission is to:
- Ensure sound and prudent conduct of insurers’ financial operations
- Provide fair, timely, and equitable fulfillment of insurer obligations
- Protect policyholders from financially impaired or insolvent insurers
- Eliminate fraud, criminal abuse, and unethical conduct in the industry
- Foster growth of the insurance industry in the New York state.
Visit NY State Department of Financial Service's website to learn about what types of insurance are available for natural disasters and other emergencies.
New York State Emergency Management Office
The New York State Office of Emergency Management works to protect the lives and property of the citizens of New York State from threats posed by natural or man-made events. SEMO coordinates emergency management services with other federal and State agencies to support county and local governments. SEMO routinely assists local government, volunteer organizations, and private industry through a variety of emergency management programs. These programs involve hazard identification, loss prevention, planning, training, operational response to emergencies, technical support, and disaster recovery assistance.
Depending on the nature and severity of an event, SEMO may make disaster recovery assistance available to local government agencies, certain private nonprofit groups, and/or individuals and households.