CorpNet provides business partners with current, accurate information about emergencies to enhance awareness and aid decision making, should their businesses be affected.
OEM monitors public safety radio and information networks, news media, and commercial and proprietary weather systems 24 hours a day through its Watch Command. Watch Command uses the OEM paging system to forward relevant messages to CorpNet subscribers.
When an incident reaches a specific threshold, OEM dispatches an emergency responder to verify the event and facilitate interagency coordination onsite. This process enhances CorpNet's accuracy, as information comes directly from the scene via the OEM responder.
If you do business in New York City, you may be eligible to receive CorpNet notifications. If you have a legitimate business e-mail address (no webmail or personal ISP accounts, i.e., AOL, Hotmail, Verizon) you can enroll in the CorpNet program.
Types of incidents reported by CorpNet:
- Fires, three-alarm or higher, sensitive location
- Building collapses/construction incidents
- Water main breaks
- Utility outages where a significant population or business is affected
- Significant weather-related emergencies (flooding, wind damage, etc.)
- Major transportation accidents (plane crashes, train derailments)
- Hazardous materials incidents
If you currently are subscribed to CorpNet and no longer wish to receive CorpNet notifications, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and write "unsubscribe" in the subject line.