Transportation and Infrastructure Project Manager
|Office Title: Transportation and Infrastructure Project Manager||Level: I|
|Civil Service Title: Emergency Preparedness Specialist||JVN: 188|
|Division/Work Unit: Planning and Preparedness||Salary Range: $55,000 - 65,000|
|Work Location: 165 Cadman Plaza East, Brooklyn, NY 11201||Hours/Shift: M-F, 9-5|
|Number of Positions: 1|| |
This position is grant-funded until 8/21/2014 with the possibility for an extension.
The New York City Office of Emergency Management is seeking an exceptional candidate to develop transportation and infrastructure components of emergency plans. The Project Manager will have broad responsibility to coordinate with and provide technical advice to City agencies regarding their emergency planning efforts for transportation and infrastructure emergencies. This includes identifying methods for protecting the public against hazards and for formulating a citywide emergency response to those hazards (policy creation, recommendation, and implementation), working with City agencies to identify roles and responsibilities and resolving gaps and overlaps. The selected candidate will maintain critical working relationships with agency and private sector partners, including DOT, MTA, NYPD, EDC, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, DSNY and DOB.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning in the following areas:
- Hazard mitigation
- Post-Event Recovery and Restoration
- Evacuation for coastal storms and no-notice events including maritime, roadways, and mass transit
- Transportation and utilities disruption planning
- Regional coordination
The selected candidate will be required to staff the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during emergency activations and to work during non-business hours during emergencies, will assist with Ready New York presentations to external groups and will also participate in drills and exercises and fulfill other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A master’s degree from an accredited college in emergency management, public administration, urban planning, engineering, economics, political science, the physical sciences or related filed and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following; emergency management, fire, police, or military service, public safety, public health, public administration, urban planning, engineering, or another specialized area to which the appointment is to be made; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full0time professional experience in the areas listed in “1” above.
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and six years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas listed in “1” above, at least two years of which must have been in one of those areas, or another specialized area to which the appointment is to be made.
- Experience with transportation and infrastructure planning, planning for emergencies, and/or regional coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with agency partners and manage projects, including setting project timelines, monitoring output, and producing final deliverables.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Experience writing detailed emergency plans.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a high pressure work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects within specified deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: NYC Residency is required within 90 days of appointment. However, City employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putman, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter with the JVN number to:
Director of Personnel
NYC Office of Emergency Management
165 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
or e-mail in MS Word or RTF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position to which you are applying.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.