|Office Title: Budget Analyst||Level: I|
|Civil Service Title: Emergency Preparedness Specialist||JVN #: 017/13/218|
|Division/Work Unit: Finance/Grants||Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000|
|Work Location: 165 Cadman Plaza East, Brooklyn, NY 11201||Hours/Shift: M-F, 9-5|
|Number of Positions: 1|| |
The budget analyst will report to the Director of Finance and Grants and will be responsible for following activities:
- Managing the agency’s day to day financial tasks.
- Preparing the agency’s expense budget including scheduling, spending and monitoring of the agency’s fiscal activities on FMS.
- Tracking and monitoring expenditures to ensure that all reimbursable costs are identified and claimed (Revenue Accounting).
- Assisting in preparing monthly variance reports, quarterly spending plans, revenue reports, and any other ad hoc reports for comptroller and the budget oversight agency.
- Maintaining reporting spreadsheets.
- Performing accounting activities to modify, transfer, and reconcile budget accounts.
- Reviewing and approving payments to vendors.
- Assisting with Ready NY presentations to external groups.
The selected candidate will be assigned to a periodic Emergency Operations Center team and will be expected to work non-business hours during emergencies.
- A master's degree from an accredited college in emergency management, public administration, urban planning, engineering, economics, political science, the physical sciences, or related field, and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: emergency management, fire or police or military service, public safety, public health, public administration, urban planning, engineering, or another specialized area to which the appointment is to be made; or,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full-time paid professional experience in one or a combination of the area listed in "1" above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accredited organization and six years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas listed in "1" above, at least two years of which must have been in one of those areas, or another specialized area to which the appointment is made.
NOTE: NYC Residency is required within 90 days of appointment. However, City employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
- Previous budget/finance experience desired.
- Familiarity with the City’s financial management system a plus.
- Computer skills.
- Quantitative, analytical and communication skills both written and oral desired.
Current City Employees: Apply via Employee Self-Service (ESS). Go to Recruiting Activities > Careers and search Job ID# 118203.
Non-City Employees/External Candidates: Apply via NYC Careers. Go to www.nyc.gov/careers and search Job ID# 118203.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted