Captain Michael Falcon
120 West 82nd Street, New York, NY, 10024-5502
The 20th Precinct is located on the upper west side of Manhattan. The area is residential, commercial and industrial. The precinct consists of a culturally diverse community with very well known sources of cultural events and locations. There are numerous civic and social events throughout the year due to the close proximity of Central Park. The precinct becomes host to special events that are actually taking place in the park. The cultural centers and many points of interest are listed below.
Many community organizations hold street fairs throughout the spring, summer and fall months, usually along Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a nationally televised event drawing over one million spectators. The parade starts at West 77th St. and Central Park West and travels south on Central Park West to Broadway and East 34th St. There are over 40 floats and balloons in the parade.
Points of interest include:
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- American Museum of Natural History and Planetarium
- New York Historical Society
- Riverside Park and West 79th Street Boat Basin
- Beacon Theater
- American Bible Society
- Children's Museum of New York
- Jewish Community Center of Manhattan
- Loews West 68th Street and Broadway IMAX Theaters