The New York City Police Department today announced the closure of
the northbound FDR Drive beginning Saturday, October 28, 2006 at 1 a.m. and
continuing through 5:00 a.m. on Monday, October 30, 2006. All lanes of the
northbound FDR Drive will be closed from 42nd Street to 96th Street.
Detours will be posted for all northbound traffic to exit the FDR
Drive at 34th Street and 42nd Street and use 1st Avenue and 3rd Avenue to travel
north to the 96th Street entrance. In addition, the northbound entrance ramps at
34th Street, 48th Street and 62nd Street will be closed.
Parking will not be allowed, and “NO STOPPING SATURDAY/SUNDAY”
signs will be posted, at the following locations:
- North side of East 23rd Street between the FDR Drive and 3rd Avenue
- North side of East 34th Street between the FDR Drive and 3rd Avenue
- Both sides of 1st Avenue between East 23rd Street and East 96th Street
- South side of East 96th Street between the FDR Drive and 1st Avenue
- North side of East 97th Street between the FDR Drive and 2nd Avenue
- North side of Chambers Street between Centre Street and West Street