The Employee Assistance Unit recognizes the dedication of the members of our armed forces and would like to help you make a smooth transition from military life back to the New York City Police Department. It takes tremendous bravery to defend this country and you have selflessly served us with courage and dedication.
The Employee Assistance Unit makes the point to speak one-on-one with all returning NYPD military personnel to amplify our support and share some information with you. One component that has proven useful is Military One Source. This service operates 24 hours a day seven days a week at no cost to military members and their families! Military One Source provides referrals for relationship issues, financial concerns, emotional well being, addiction and recovery. They also provide a free consultation with an attorney for legal matters.
To encourage participation, Military One Source will fund up to six sessions with a counselor at a convenient location. The assessment and referral is tailored to meet the needs of every branch of the service. Military One Source is also equipped to provide service to the hearing impaired and is available in more than one hundred fifty languages. Military One Source may be contacted on the Internet at www.Militaryonesource.com. If you have any further inquiries, please contact the Employee Assistance Unit located at, 90 Church Street, Suite 1213, telephone (646) 610-6730.
You may contact Military One Source in a variety of ways:
- Stateside: 1-800-342-9647
- International: 800-3429-6477 (verified:11 digits) or 484-530-5908. Calling instructions for your specific international location can be found in the "Contact Us" section at www.MilitaryOneSource.com
- Collect from overseas: Dial an international operator first. Then ask to be connected with 484-530 5908
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP): If you have a VoIP account set-up, you can use VoIP to call Military OneSource at 1-800-842-9647
- En español llame al: 1-877-888-0727
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-346-9188
Whether serving our country or patrolling the streets of New York City, please stay safe and again, welcome home Military Service Members!