Welcome to the Community Affairs Bureau LGBT Liaison Unit. The mission of the Community Affairs Bureau LGBT Liaison Unit includes:
- Fostering positive relations between the LGBT community and the NYPD by providing a liaison for community members who may be crime victims, have information or issues of concern to the police department.
- Working with precincts, police (housing) service areas, and transit districts, located in areas with a large, visible LGBT community within them, to address concerns of that area.
- Assists in productive dialogue with investigative units concerning LGBT related crimes.
- Works in partnership with other city agencies, other law enforcement entities, and community based organizations, education, and involvement in other LGBT related issues.
- Maintaining an interactive role in recruit based and in-service police trainings regarding the LGBT community.
- Other various duties within Community Affairs as required.
- LGBT event photos page.
- For further information regarding the Community Affairs LGBT Liaison unit, view LGBT pamphlet HERE or contact the following by calling (212) 614-6748 or emailing:
Sgt. Michelle Martindale
PO Aaron Ayala
PO Ana Arboleda