As part of DEP’s ongoing upgrade of its customer service, the agency now offers a variety of enhancements and options for account holders through the DEP website.
The new DEP online payment system includes the following enhancements:
- 2% Direct Debit Discount Customers who pay their metered water and sewer bills on time and in full can qualify to receive a 2% discount on their next bill.
- One-Time Payment Make a one-time immediate payment using either a credit card*, debit card*, or through the Electronic Funds Transfer (ACH) process.
- Online User Account Create an online user account and set up several payment sources – credit cards, debit cards, savings or checking accounts.
- Recurring Payment Setup Set up a series of recurring, scheduled, monthly payments for up to 5 years or match the time period of a payment agreement.
- Manage Multiple Properties If you manage several properties, you may list those properties and create separate payment sources for each one.
- Email Alerts Be notified when a new charge is posted, a scheduled transaction is pending, and confirmations on transactions.
- Payment History Always available for online review.
- Paper bills will continue to be issued so you will have a record of your charges.
*Please note that there is a flat rate convenience fee of 2.45 percent and DEP recommends that customers allow up to 72 hours for payments to post to their accounts.
In addition to the online payment option, DEP’s Bureau of Customer Service will continue to accept existing methods of payments: by mail, in-person at walk-in locations throughout the five boroughs, by interactive telephone, as well as other online payment opportunities.